Food Security: What has Science to Offer?
— tags: Food security
Published: December 1998
The objectives of this study, set by ICSU's Committee on Sciences for Food Security at an initial meeting of the Committee held in November 1995, were:
- Why Sciences? Opportunities and Constraints
- What are the critical issues and gaps—are there regional perspectives to be considered?
- What is the relative strength of the ICSU family?
- based on individual capacities
- based on joint actions such as networking, outreach-communications, projects
- Which organizations/institutions within ICSU could contribute what?
- What are possible modalities of cooperation with other organizations outside ICSU?