Workshop on Sustainable Energy
Apr 10, 2012 09:00 AM
Apr 11, 2012 06:00 PM
|Where||Ocho Rios, Jamaica|
|Contact Name||ICSU ROLAC|
|Add event to calendar||
This workshop is organized by the Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (ROLAC) for the International Council for Science (ICSU) in collaboration with the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Mexican Physical Society (SMF), the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), the Interamerica Network of Academies of Sciences (IANAS), the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), the Electric Power Saving Trust Fund of Mexico (FIDE), the Caribbean Academy of Sciences (CAS), the Mexican Academy of Sciences (AMC) and the National Council on Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACyT).
- Bring together scientists of basic and applied sciences from different sustainable energy areas and the industrial sector of LAC, with the purpose of converting the results of scientific research in LAC into industrial and commercialized processes in LAC.
- Discuss sustainable energy issues for universal energy access and to mitigate global climate change.
- Introduce the state of art of technologies of alternative energies in the world and in LAC.
- Introduce the importance and research opportunities of renewable energies, seeking a connection with scientists and the industrial sector in LAC.
- Energy efficiency
- Fuel Cells
- Hydro energy
- Hydrogen Sector
- Innovation Financing
- Nuclear energy fission and fusion
- Solar thermal energy
- Solar photovoltaic energy
- Wind energy
The results of the workshop will be published and distributed among the scientific community and in the industrial sector.