ICSU-UNESCO Rio+20 Regional Science and Technology Workshop in Asia and the Pacific
The main outcome of this workshop is a rigorous document expressing the point of view of the scientific and technological community of Asia and the Pacific regarding the main themes of the Rio+20. These are:
- green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication;
- the institutional framework for sustainable development;
- new and emerging challenges.
The document will be presented at the Asia Pacific Intergovernmental Preparotary Meeting, ESCAP, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 19 - 20 October 2011.
More than 60 natural and social scientists, engineers and policy makers from 18 countries in the region attended the workshop.
The International Council for Science (ICSU), being aware of the importance of providing an independent point of view of the Science and Technological community for the intergovernmental process, took the initiative to organize the workshop. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Jakarta Office, the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) Malaysia, and the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) supported the workshop.
This is one of five Rio+20 regional science and technology workshops being organised by ICSU and UNESCO.
- Background to ICSU's Rio+20 Initiative
- Official UN Rio+20 website
- United Nations Regional Preparatory Meeting for Asia Pacific, ESCAP, 19 Oct 2011 - 20 Oct 2011 Seoul, Republic of Korea
For further information regarding the workshop please contact: email@example.com