International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS) call for applications to workshop on building capacity for psychological intervention after disasters in the Asia and Pacific region
The workshop aims to:
- Present participants with the most recent scientific and applied scientific evidence and knowledge on Psychological Intervention after Disasters;
- Show the constraints and opportunities of working with particular target groups, such as children and adolescents;
- Develop relevant knowledge provision, education and training in academic programs of psychology;
- Help in developing a regional network to support continuance in scientific research and training in mental health support following disaster.
The Asia-Pacific Workshop 2012 is intended for:
- Researchers, educators, and practitioners from across the entire Asia-Pacific region, who have an academic background, primarily in psychology, and who are interested and experienced in work on disasters
- Psychologists who work with particular target groups, such as children and adolescents
- Young and early career scientists from Asian-Pacific countries
Successful applicants will receive the following support from IUPsyS:
- Accommodation: Costs will be covered and accommodation will be provided in a good quality hotel .
- Transport: Costs will be covered by the workshop (most economic available, for example, economy airfare).
- Letter of Invitation: A formal letter of invitation to participants to help raise funds and obtain visas to attend the workshop will be sent by Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Closing date for applications: 30 December 2011
Interested candidates must fill in the application form and send the completed form to IUPsyS via email: IUPsySCB@psych.ac.cn or via fax: +8610-64872070.